Thursday, May 22, 2008

Mathematcis of Poker/Decuescracked.com

So for a long time I have known that maths has been a big let down in my game but I havent done a huge amount to try and solve it. I post a thread on 2+2 asking for people to help me out and to link threads that dealt with topics like pot odds, implied odds(sets+flush draws), fold equity, EV plays etc etc and SoundedSimple suggested taking a looked at WiltonTilts Mathematcs of NL poker on Decuescracked.com so I decided to sign up for a 6 month subscribtion for $147.

I have only seen the first episode(there is 8) but so far it looks excellent, and the way it is explained could be a huge help and I find when I hear something out loud and writing it down easier to learn then just reading something and writing it.

I am hoping this will be a big help to my game and finally help me move up a levels as being stuck at NL 20 for so long is pretty embarrising. I always knew I wasnt putting in enough work and was just plodding along and hoping it just came together in a bolt of lightening but now I realise that just isnt going to have so I have to be pro-active if I want to make some prgoess. I plan on doing a bit of a review session here after each video, I will post up hands and run through what I learnt in the videos will correspond to helping me in real hands.


So hopefully this first step will go well...

No comments: