Wednesday, October 15, 2008

KK all in pre-flop = +ev at NL 50 and lower?

Following a losing a couple of hands on Tilt to Aces all in preflop I was wondering what is the best way to play K's pre-flop? A thread was started on 2+2 in the micro full ring forum(Linky) wondering if it really was profitable to stack off with K's pre-flop. Unsuprisinly it got a pretty negative response and alot of lolnit type comments. But not much solid evidence was put forward to really disprove it. So I decided to do some searching on HEM and see what my stats where over the different levels. I'l filter by all-in preflop = true and pot containss more then 60bb.


NL 50 - Stars and Full tilt:

Total hands: 64k
Hands all in pre with K's: 6
Hands against Aces: 5

another thing to note is the hands I wasnt against A's the pot was just about over 60bb's. All the other times I ran into Aces it was for 200bb pots.


NL 25 Stars:

Total hands: 29k
Hands all in pre with K's: 6
Hands against Aces: 3

One of the hands I got it in with K's vs Q's when it was folded to me in the Small blind. Another hand was when it was 4handed, K's vs AK.


NL 20 - Ipoker:
Total hands: 35k
Hands all in pre with K's: 8
Hands against Aces: 3


Yank nits obv. While the sample size isnt huge and it's certainly not massively conclusive I certainly think that unless you have history, its BvB or BTN vs Blinds then getting it in pre with K's isnt a fist pump.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Well well well......

Daniel said...

lolnit...

yo this is notontilt09 from 2p2 btw.

add my blog to the list: www.jooooooooce.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!