Friday, November 14, 2008

Journey to Supernova on Stars

I've been clearing a $500 reload on betfred for the last few days and have been wondering where to go to next to play. I've been looking for a regular place to play where the games are good/softwarei s good too. The problem is the best sites for these, Full tilt and Stars the bonus/rakeback is pretty awful if you dont play alot. Despite it being European I have always felt Ipoker is awful for Full ring games but the 50%+ rakeback/reloads make it worth it. But now I've decided to try and get Supernova by the end of this year.

According to alot of research Stars VIP club can earn FR players up to 50%+ in rakeback if they hit certain milestones throughout the year. So I've decided to try and get Supernova by the end of this year in order to help with the FPP accumaltion next year. It will also give me a chance to get alot of hands in.

I need to earn 86,009 VPP before 01 Jan 09. My initial thoughts are this will be impossible, but it's worth a try.

One of the reg's on the micro forum posted this guesstimation of what I would need to do.

If you assume low end of vpp per hand for 100NL of .3 per hand

then it is around 285K of hands @100NL

49 days till 31 dec.

say you play 5 of 7 days

35 days


= 11400 hands per day


lol is obviously my first thought. I've played 255k hands so far this year(alot more then I first thought) so this will be a huge effort. But I wont be sticking to NL 100 to do this, I plan playing various games/styles. Short-stacking, Omaha, limit, Razz, SNGs it will all be done in an attempt to do this. I'll be staeting with a $3k roll and anything above $3k will be seen as a bonus if I get to Supernova. I'll also try and clear $1k bonus on Ipoker aswell just for the laugh.



wish me luck, I'll need it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ugh... the VPP's come so slowly

Teddie said...

I know, I need to hit about 2kVPP's a day up until 31st. what a despressing thought. lol.